Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Todd's coconut pancakes

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 09/02/2013 10:52 AM, KROM wrote:
> you could use this batter for coconut shrimp..
>
> run shrimp thru batter and then roll in shredded coconut and fry..yum!
>
> KROM
>

> "Todd" wrote:
> It is nice to be on the giving
> end, rather than the receiving end, for the change. :-)

Hi Krom,

Battered shrimp sounds SO good! Thank you!

These pancakes taste like a cross between a pastry and a pancake.
A pastry shrimp might taste a little weird. Would you change
any of the seasoning to accommodate the shrimp? OR, just
leave the formula alone and try it?

Shrimp (prawns) go very well with coconut. I would even fry in coconut
oil after coating the prawns in coconut One of my favourite dishes is
sauteed marinara mix (heavy on the prawns) to which I add a sauce made
of pureed mango and coconut cream mixed together and add at the last
moment. Top with coconut flakes. Delish!