Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Charred 'Long Greens"

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 14:29:57 -0500, B. Server >
wrote:

>On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 22:22:48 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 11:45:41 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>>

>[...]
>>>
>>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...tml?sort=3&o=0
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/nz2ex78

>>I realized too late that I should have just placed the peppers right
>>on the coals. Works magnitudes quicker.
>>
>>I'm sure you used a LONG pair of tongs for those and/or some sort of
>>gloves.
>>
>>-sw

>I use the burner of the "turkey fryer" with a flame spreader. I works
>pretty well and does not require maintaining the fire. The turkey
>fryer, by the by, is never used for turkeys. It is my favorite tool
>for wok cooking: very hot, very portable, and outside so that the oil,
>odors, and heat stay out of the house.

We never purchased a turkey fryer. You probably have more peppers
than I did if your fire needed to be maintained. Do you set up a
basket or grate for the peppers?
Janet US