Posted to rec.food.cooking
B. Server B. Server is offline

Default Charred 'Long Greens"

On Sun, 1 Sep 2013 22:22:48 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 11:45:41 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:

[...]
>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...tml?sort=3&o=0
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/nz2ex78

>I realized too late that I should have just placed the peppers right
>on the coals. Works magnitudes quicker.
>
>I'm sure you used a LONG pair of tongs for those and/or some sort of
>gloves.
>
>-sw

I use the burner of the "turkey fryer" with a flame spreader. I works
pretty well and does not require maintaining the fire. The turkey
fryer, by the by, is never used for turkeys. It is my favorite tool
for wok cooking: very hot, very portable, and outside so that the oil,
odors, and heat stay out of the house.