Posted to alt.food.barbecue,austin.food
ChairMan[_5_] ChairMan[_5_] is offline

Default Things to buy at HEB

Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 01:11:42 -0500, bill clinton wrote:
>

>> I picked up a couple three of them in Stephenville a
>> couple
>> a weeks ago along with the 2 Franklin Sauces.
>> I also got the other HEB flavors, Texas, Kentucky Bourbon
>> and Memphis.

> The Carolina is the only one I go out of way to buy.

Hey, I was there and figured what the hell at 2 bcks I can't
go wrong

>> Hadn't tried any yet except for the Franklins Original.
>> I had higher expectations for it, but it was okay

> They're charging $3.79 for a bottle of Franklin's. ****
> that. I'm
> boycotting everything about Franklins.

I only got it cuz I figured it's the closest I'm going to
get anything Franklin, because I'm damn sure not standing in
line for 3 -4 hrs for *anybodys* Q.
I haven't even been down to Pecan Lodge since March or April
and that was bad enough. I'm sure it's a lot worse now since
TX Monthly named them #2

>>> Also, their pre-smoked briskets are quite edible but not
>>> worth the
>>> money compared to buying fresh-smoked beef at the BBQ
>>> joints like John
>>> Muellers. They used to be $2.99/lb but now cost
>>> 8$-$12/lb
>>> and come
>>> pre-sliced (you DONT PRESLICE BRISKET!)

>> Hey, I've seen you use it on a few of your sammiches or
>> is
>> that just because yer without a smoker right now?

> Yes, I'm eating some of it now in a quesadilla. And I
> have another
> package of it in the freezer. I get mine heavily
> discounted - I would
> never pay the full price. And no, I don't have a smoker
> right now.
>
> -sw

I'll take it off the list then and just get the ribs@ $2.97
and a brisket @ $1.77 and cook it meself.
And a couple more packages of their premium smoke sausages

Thanks again for the info