Posted to alt.food.barbecue
mawil1013 mawil1013 is offline

Default Gotta Get a New Smoker

On 8/25/2013 6:07 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> piedmont;1859466 Wrote:
>> Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension
>> of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do burgers
>> or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind
>> and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as in
>> add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking
>> chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid $15
>> for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal
>> removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.
>>

>> Michael

> There ya go. I like to cook in old ice boxes..but the Warden say it
> looks a bit too ghetto to have the defunct appliances laying around in
> the yard. What does your boss say?

I used the theory of; start off big-N-ugly with a 55 gallon barrel, so
an appliance white used gas stove is prettier, she was in.

But to appease her vision of yardly beauty, I'm on the look out for a
stainless steel used gas stove.

I'm sooo impressed with the sweet way it cooks I am never going to use
any other cooker. Here is a pic...

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/...psa39f13b0.jpg

Michael, Piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r...