Old 30-08-2013, 10:44 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
mawil1013 mawil1013 is offline

Default Gotta Get a New Smoker

On 8/25/2013 6:07 PM, bigwheel wrote:
piedmont;1859466 Wrote:
Consider this, I have a cooker that has a cooking chamber to dimension
of a kitchen oven , comes with two adjustable grids. you can do burgers
or brisket to spare ribs. it comes fully insulated, is virtually wind
and rain proof. Coals can be maintained without opening cook zone, as in
add coals without losing heat. Has a special drawer under cooking
chamber to facilitate this. How much for one of these? Well, I paid $15
for mine. What is it? It's an old gas stove with the bottom metal
removed. Best damn cooker I ever had.

Michael

There ya go. I like to cook in old ice boxes..but the Warden say it
looks a bit too ghetto to have the defunct appliances laying around in
the yard. What does your boss say?

I used the theory of; start off big-N-ugly with a 55 gallon barrel, so
an appliance white used gas stove is prettier, she was in.

But to appease her vision of yardly beauty, I'm on the look out for a
stainless steel used gas stove.

I'm sooo impressed with the sweet way it cooks I am never going to use
any other cooker. Here is a pic...

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/...psa39f13b0.jpg

Michael, Piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r...