Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] thirty-six@live.co.uk is offline

Default Hating my new teapot :-/

On Thursday, 4 July 2013 17:05:01 UTC+1, Dario Niedermann wrote:
> Lewis Perin > wrote:
>

> > While brewing, you could confine the leaves within a teaball or sack

> > or the like, but that tends to degrade the quality of what comes out

> > the spout. If you want to use a big teapot, the best compromise in my

> > opinion is to use an external strainer rather than an internal one.

> Infuriatingly, I still have to use a handheld strainer when pouring
>
> because the builtin one doesn't catch 100% of the leaves. So, basically,
>
> it's just there to annoy me when i clean the pot.

Perhaps you should stop "cleaning". What are you doimg? I mean really, just tip it up and scoop out what does't fall out cleanly, and if that's too much trouble, just swirl round some fresh water and tip over. It might also help to get a cleaner pour, to wash the tea before steeping. I use Turkish tea and make lemon-tea and both these get rid of staining by the brown teas. I'm wondering whether the brown stains are sulphur compounds. Anyone know one way or other?