bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Smith[_1_] View Post
I have heard that people who have the gall bladders removed can eat all
sorts of foods that used to cause them gastric problems. I will get to
test that, not that I have joined the club. Last week I developed a
gastric problem that got progressively worse. My nephew's wife had
complained about a stomach flu and she told me it lasted 4 days.

Friday was Day 5 and my wife insisted I go to the ER in the morning. I
didn't have to get up early because I did not sleep a wink. There is no
wait at 6:30 am. I had X Rays, unltra soundd, blood tests and diagnosed
with a gall bladder problem. I was admitted and kept pain free.. and
food free ;-( and had me operation at noon Sunday. Because it had been
a particularly nasty one, I was kept in for two days to drain the cavity.

The surgeon just came to check me out. The nurse is getting my paperwork
and will pull out the drain and my IV, and my wife is on her way to pick
me up.

Wifi in the hospital..... now there is a big improvement in patient care.
Glad you got the offending organ removed. First I have heard of such a procedure aiding digestion. The folks I know in a similar circumstance have issues handing greasy foods. Hopefully you will skip that symptom.