Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

Default U.S. "vegan" and vegetarian population stagnant or dropping (andmost of them lie, anyway)

On 8/12/2013 5:10 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

> On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 15:33:00 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:
>
>> Why Do So Many "Vegetarians" Umm...Lie About Their Diets?
>>
>> If there are so few true vegetarians, what about all those books that
>> claim we are in the midst of a dietary revolution? Don't believe them.
>> The reason for the widespread but mistaken belief that America is
>> rapidly going veg is the mismatch between what people say they eat and
>> what they actually eat. Take a 2002 Times/CNN poll on the eating habits
>> of 10,000 Americans. Six percent of the individuals surveyed said they
>> considered themselves vegetarian. But when asked by the pollsters what
>> they had eaten in the last 24 hours, 60% of the self-described
>> "vegetarians" admitted that that had consumed red meat, poultry or fish
>> the previous day.

> LOL!

"getting to experience life" is not a benefit to farm animals.

>> In another survey, the United States Department of
>> Agriculture randomly telephoned 13,313 Americans. Three percent of the
>> respondents answered yes to the question, "Do you consider yourself to
>> be a vegetarian?" A week later the researchers called the participants
>> again and this time asked what they had eaten the day before. The
>> results were even more dramatic than the Times/CNN survey: this time 66%
>> of the "vegetarians" had eaten animal flesh in the last 24 hours.

> LOL!

"getting to experience life" *cannot* a benefit to farm animals.