Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default carbs in Rumsford baking power

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 08/03/2013 10:28 AM, Billy wrote:
> > And please don't forget exercise. Get a good sweat going before dinner,
> > and your b.g. will barely budge.

> An (another) excuse to go fishing? Why, why, BILLY SAID SO!
>
> I actually hate exercise. I rode a stationary bike once and
> thought I'd died and gone to hell. But, you put a fishing pole
> in my hand, point me in the direction out the trout, and I
> will crawl over rocks, hike uphill both ways, etc..
>
> I try to get out two to three times a week. Sometimes,
> only for a half hour after I eat my bag lunch. Sometimes
> while I wait for a customer appointment (no I don't smell
> of fish). The rest of my exercise would be picking weeds
> out of my garden.
>
> I tried jogging around my back yard right out of bed in the
> morning. Measured before and after. The exercise jumped
> my BG up by about 60 points. Scary. My GP said that
> that happens with some folks, so just don't exercise for a
> while, at least till some time after you have eaten.
> (So eat breakfast before going fishing.)
>
> So, I guess I will just have to go fishing more.
>
> Caught two Lock Levens (Scottish Brown Trout) out of the
> local stream on Thursday. I let them go to sulk a bit
> till I ruin their dinner again next week. (Trout should always
> be aware of free food.) There is so much fishing pressure
> where I went that I am surprised there were any fish
> in half a mile either direction. Not that I am bragging.
> Okay, I am bragging a little bit.
>
> I must go fishing more. As previously stated, Billy said so.
> (Okay, maybe not his "exact" words.)
>
> -T

Exercise, where does fishing intersect with exercise? Is this another
Wade vs. Row controversy? Or do you just sit?

In the morning? I was thinking about exercise just before eating.
Exercise before breakfast may have given you a glycogen dump, if I can
say that, and raised your b.g.

I usually exercise just before dinner. Works like a charm. Idiopathic
perhaps.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>