Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default carbs in Rumsford baking power

On 08/01/2013 01:03 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : Hi All,
>
> : Clabber Girl just got back to me with the carbs in their
> : Aluminum free baking powder:
>
> : .148 g. per serving (1/8 t.), or
> : 1.184 g. per teaspoon
>
> : Ingredients:
> : http://www.clabbergirl.com/pdf/R-114RumfordBPFS.pdf
>
> : Rumford Baking Powder contains monocalcium phosphate,
> : sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and food grade
> : cornstarch made from non-genetically modified corn
>
> : -T
>
> Ignore htat kind of amount. We don't look for perfection or zero carbs.
> Don't get obscessed, just live with it.
>
> Wendx

Hi Wendy,

I had originally thought they were 5 g per teaspoon. The bad labeling
laws means that under 1 carb, means they can say zero. That is what
I thought was behind the extra tiny 1/8 teaspoon. I had presumed that
it was 0.9 g per 1/8 tsp. I was planning on using 1 full tsp in
one of my concoctions. Those extra four carbs will be replaced with
blueberries.

I am getting close to drug free. As of last week I jumped down
from 500 mg Met twice a day, to 250 mg (pill cutter) twice a
day. Originally I was on 1000 mg twice a day. Each time I have
dropped, my morning fasting BG is slightly lower. My A1c,
which is a sloppy test, dropped too. Yipee!

By drug free (I hate drugs), I do not mean medicine free. I use
traditional medicine. I am 15 carbs max per meal, 60 max per day.
Maybe when I hit drug free for half a year or so, I will get
brave, bump up to 20 carbs per meal, test a lot, and see how I do.

Thank you for the pep talk!

-T