Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Vegetarian diet for vegetable haters?

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> Does not help me any that my own mom and my brother do not cook. She
>> sees that one can make it through life without cooking and that seems to
>> be the path she wants to take.

> You've always complained about all the stuff that your mom cooks that you
> don't like from childhood to present day (the list is endless) so now, she
> doesn't cook, I wonder how that happened? At any rate, as I said, you can
> continue to enable your daughter or you can be the adult and give her a
> hand growing up. Either way, it's up to you and what you're comfortable
> with since it's your daughter. JMO I'm going to be honest and tell you
> that I think you have put WAY too much information about your daughter on
> the net as it is, which is completely unfair to her, but as long as you
> continue to do it, people will comment.

I did complain of what my mom cooked. My mom has always hated to cook and
when we had the money to do so, we ate out and not at home. And we did eat
out most of the time. To me, that was normal because it is just what we did.

I took over the cooking at home at age 12. But still, we ate out most of
the time because my mom does not like to eat at home and neither does my
dad. Both prefer to dine out.

Once I moved out of the house, my mom pretty much stopped cooking
altogether. She did cook a few meals for my husband because he *hates* to
eat out. And she did cook if she or my dad were on some special diet or
something. But if there were any way around that, she'd take it.

Since Angela has been born, my mom has only cooked and had us over to eat
maybe 2-3 times a year, if that. Those times being Thanksgiving, Christmas
and Easter and perhaps some odd time where she decided to cook pork chops
and brown rice. We have had many Christmas dinners out though. And once we
went over for the 4th of July. I don't think she cooked though. My dad did
BBQ and we brought the sides.