Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Vegetarian diet for vegetable haters?

"Bjørn Steensrud" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote:
>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>>> She is 15 now. And she and the dietician have agreed not to see each
>>> other again. Apparently it did not go well. I don't know all of what
>>> was said

>> If she's 15 let her figure out her own menu, she can do her own research
>> on the internet, shop for the food within the budget you allow for her,
>> and let her fix it too. That would solve all the problems.
>>
>> Cheri

> At that age, occasionally our kids would handle weekly shopping on a fixed
> budget - for all four of us. Worked just fine!

I would too at that age but she is just not interested.

> A side effect was that the adults could safely go on a holiday alone,
> leaving the teens to care for house and cats. The worst thing that
> happened
> was that the basement pipes froze one exceptionally cold winter. They knew
> what to do.

Yep. My parents began leaving me home alone when I was about 12. Not a
problem. She doesn't much like being left alone. She is not very grown up
in that respect and not for the lack of trying on my part. But there is a
lot more to that and I'm not going to get into that here.

Bottom line in this house, I am in charge of the food. I will gladly take
input and help but they don't want to give it so... I do have her help me
when I need her to. She can prep stuff and make a sandwich or salad. But
that's about as far as she will go.

Does not help me any that my own mom and my brother do not cook. She sees
that one can make it through life without cooking and that seems to be the
path she wants to take.