Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Zukes!

On 07/27/2013 10:32 AM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:

>> Hmmmm. Last year, the CSA farmer had me add their bat poop
>> and worm casing compost/amendment and a lot of water,
>> then I got my two week bumper crop. Frustrating, before
>> that, the plants grew like hell, lots of flowers, but
>> very, very little fruit.

> Excess water, and fertilizer tells your plant that it is an endless
> summer, and that they can grow, and grow, because there is no rush.
> Cutting back on fertilizer, and water tells the plants that summer is
> coming to an end, and that it had better produce seed (fruit), if it
> wants to survive.

Thank you. I will be careful.

> Franken Carp? Like Franken Food: GMO?

No, I am just insulting the things. Koi or domesticated common
carp (Cyprinus carpio) eat, poop and poop and poop and poop, add
tons of nitrogen to the water, cause algae blooms, starve off
the oxygen from the water, and make things miserable on trout.

Someone, probably thinking they were settings them free, released
a bunch of them in one of my favorite urban fishing ponds. The
word is to catch and kill. (There are a lot of trash can around
the pond.)

Much better just to unceremoniously flush them down the toilet
or give them to a farmer with a pond. There their excess pooping
an be put to good use.

And, Koi and UGLY too, hence the term "Franken Carp".

>>> Eat them small, and stop terrorizing your neighbors.

>> Where is the fun in that! How did you know, by the way?

> It's that time of the year, when people start locking doors to their
> homes, and vehicles, because they know that gardeners will be dumping
> zuchs.

You know you live in a small town when you have to lock your car
doors when you visit your neighbors, or you will find your back seat
filled with zucchini.

By the way, I am still waiting for that abundance of zukes
everyone keeps telling me about. And, yes, I do have friends
that would lie to me like that.