Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 07/27/2013 10:42 AM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Trawley Trash > wrote:

> >> Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
> >> cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
> >> they did not have grains or milk.

> > Milk, no, not until animal husbandry, but they would collect grain from
> > wild grasses. Grains that had a mutant gene that kept the grain heads
> > from shattering, and dispersing the seeds. Seed selection began. The
> > rest of the produce was seasonal.

Leafy plants of course become available after winter recedes, but the
real feeding frenzy was in the Fall when flowering plants produce their
seed.

> Saw a documentary on corn, think it was a Nova, where the hybridized
> corn backwards to what they found in archaeological digs of early
> new world folks. Turns our corn was a 6" long grass with two or
> three tiny seeds.
>

> >> However it does seem as though bugs, lizards, and snakes
> >> were a part of their diet. Is that really any different
> >> from crab, lobster, or shrimp? Then there are snails,
> >> clams, and mussels. Eels were served as a snack food
> >> not so many centuries ago in England; wurst seems
> >> to have been a replacement invented when the natural supply
> >> of eels ran short. If you look in the obscure corners of
> >> gourmet supermarkets, you may well find roasted grasshoppers
> >> or chocolate covered ants.
> >>
> >> Not that I eat those things myself.

> > Avoid processed foods.

> 1+ !!!!
>
> That is where all those vegetarians are more
> healthy studies comes from. Real/strict vegi's are

Why not just call them Vegans?

> demonstrably unhealthy, unless they comes from area with
> poor sanitation and have a lot of bugs eggs and bug parts in
> in the grains. So they take political vegetarians -- meaning
> they won't eat anything prettier than they are -- and study
> them. These political vegi's are vegi's in name only. They
> eat eggs, chicken, fish, milk, etc.. They are technically
> omnivorous who eat healthy: organic foods, their own gardens,
> they cook, very little processed anything. Then they compare
> these omnivorous to the general population eating processed
> meats and high carbs, disgusting stock yard meat etc..
>
> Of course health couscous omnivorous are more healthy. What
> a crock of S---!

It's truly breath taking, the way profound ignorance can take a data
point, and turn it into a vast unfounded generalization.

The grass you reference is teosinte. It is still extremely important for
biodiversity, but rice, wheat, oats, barley, and millet also made this
journey.

Hunter gathers, ate what they were given, vegetables, meat, and some
starch. Eden really became undone with agriculture.

<http://www3.gettysburg.edu/~dperry/C...ned%20Document
s/Intro/Diamond.PDF>

First, it was the consumption of virgin top soil. More recently, the
protein that envelops us comes from the Fritz Haber Process
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haber_process>
and is responsible for the last 4 billion people to join the human race.

Until such time that the human population of the planet is reduced by a
couple of magnitudes, you can expect most people to eat what they can to
survive.

From what I've read, not only can't children expect to live better than
their parents anymore, they can't even expect to live as long as their
parents, with self-inflicted CVD from diet being the main culprit.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/22/magazine/22wwlnlede.t.html>

I believe you also referenced the Mau-Mau Hypothesis:
If you are what you eat, then eat people who are smarter , and better
looking than you.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>