Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

On 07/27/2013 10:42 AM, Billy wrote:
> In article >,
> Trawley Trash > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:34:28 -0700
>> Todd > wrote:
>>
>>> I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
>>> (T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
>>> snakes ...

>> Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
>> cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
>> they did not have grains or milk.

> Milk, no, not until animal husbandry, but they would collect grain from
> wild grasses. Grains that had a mutant gene that kept the grain heads
> from shattering, and dispersing the seeds. Seed selection began. The
> rest of the produce was seasonal.

Saw a documentary on corn, think it was a Nova, where the hybridized
corn backwards to what they found in archaeological digs of early
new world folks. Turns our corn was a 6" long grass with two or
three tiny seeds.

>> However it does seem as though bugs, lizards, and snakes
>> were a part of their diet. Is that really any different
>> from crab, lobster, or shrimp? Then there are snails,
>> clams, and mussels. Eels were served as a snack food
>> not so many centuries ago in England; wurst seems
>> to have been a replacement invented when the natural supply
>> of eels ran short. If you look in the obscure corners of
>> gourmet supermarkets, you may well find roasted grasshoppers
>> or chocolate covered ants.
>>
>> Not that I eat those things myself.

> Avoid processed foods.

1+ !!!!

That is where all those vegetarians are more
healthy studies comes from. Real/strict vegi's are
demonstrably unhealthy, unless they comes from area with
poor sanitation and have a lot of bugs eggs and bug parts in
in the grains. So they take political vegetarians -- meaning
they won't eat anything prettier than they are -- and study
them. These political vegi's are vegi's in name only. They
eat eggs, chicken, fish, milk, etc.. They are technically
omnivorous who eat healthy: organic foods, their own gardens,
they cook, very little processed anything. Then they compare
these omnivorous to the general population eating processed
meats and high carbs, disgusting stock yard meat etc..

Of course health couscous omnivorous are more healthy. What
a crock of S---!