Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

In article >,
Trawley Trash > wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:34:28 -0700
> Todd > wrote:
>
> > I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
> > (T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
> > snakes ...

> Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
> cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
> they did not have grains or milk.

Milk, no, not until animal husbandry, but they would collect grain from
wild grasses. Grains that had a mutant gene that kept the grain heads
from shattering, and dispersing the seeds. Seed selection began. The
rest of the produce was seasonal.

> However it does seem as though bugs, lizards, and snakes
> were a part of their diet. Is that really any different
> from crab, lobster, or shrimp? Then there are snails,
> clams, and mussels. Eels were served as a snack food
> not so many centuries ago in England; wurst seems
> to have been a replacement invented when the natural supply
> of eels ran short. If you look in the obscure corners of
> gourmet supermarkets, you may well find roasted grasshoppers
> or chocolate covered ants.
>
> Not that I eat those things myself.

Avoid processed foods.
--