Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:34:28 -0700
Todd > wrote:

> I loved my pasta and I think that is what did me in
> (T2 NIDDM). I am Paleo now too, less the bugs, lizards,
> snakes ...

Our paleo ancestors didn't have fruit trees or vegetables
cultivated for centuries to make them sweeter. Certainly
they did not have grains or milk.

However it does seem as though bugs, lizards, and snakes
were a part of their diet. Is that really any different
from crab, lobster, or shrimp? Then there are snails,
clams, and mussels. Eels were served as a snack food
not so many centuries ago in England; wurst seems
to have been a replacement invented when the natural supply
of eels ran short. If you look in the obscure corners of
gourmet supermarkets, you may well find roasted grasshoppers
or chocolate covered ants.

Not that I eat those things myself.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.