Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default Zukes!

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 01:19:58 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" > wrote:

>Todd > wrote:
><snip interestin gardening advice>
>
> : I have a HUGE club sized Zuke
>incubating. Plan
>: on cooking it Sunday. Should fill my entire saute
>: pan.
>
>: I wonder how much longer these dumb-dumb plants are
>: going to buy my cock-'n-bull story about taking
>: their offspring for a drive in the country and
>: figure out what I am REALLY doing with them.
>
>: I am babbling.
>
>: -T
>
>: WHAT? Plants don't talk. Oh please! :-)
>
>Do you realy like those giant zuchinni? most prefer the small ones and
>have the giants oly because they kind of got away form them. If I get a
>giant, I always stuff it king of like a stuffed canal boat, as it tastes
>better that way. when Ibuy, I always go for the small yong ones. they
>taste beter in all the simple day to day preparations like microwaving,
>grillingas halved sliced lengthwise.
>
>Just my view on these vegetables.
>
>Wendy

I like smaller zucchini too, Wendy. I think they are more tender. We
have a plot in the local community garden. We got a late start on our
plot, and the one we picked had a volunteer zucchini plant already
growing. It is a lebanese zucchini. It is yellow and green speckles.
It seems to get big quite fast. It does taste the same as the other
zucchini. I have been blanching and freezing the excess.