bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy[_8_] View Post
In article ,
bigwheel
wrote:

Todd;1849654 Wrote:
On 07/15/2013 02:21 PM, bigwheel wrote:-
Guess the Eyetalian part of the family tree is not large enough to
develop a taste for eggplant. Never even tasted one till I was fully
grown. They always looked sorta weird.-

Hi Big,

My "Eyetalian part" would be my mom's side. Yours?

There is a difference between fully grown and too old.
If you get them from a local farm, ask the farmer and
he will show you (as one did me) how to pick them.
Be careful, the buzzards have thorns! (At my
local farm, they go so quick, they never get too old.)

The local farms said they would have some in a week
or two. I will be begging for advice on how to
cook them when that happens. I got the pressure
cooker down, but not the frying.

Oh ya, and egg plant tastes like heck (not the
actual word I was thinking) when it is not grown
properly and sits on a shelf forever. Find a CSA farm.

-T

Maybe next year, I will try growing them.

Never been to an egg plant farm. Think our horticulture folks are
concentrating on growing guv'ment subsidized corn so Alfgore and Obie
can waste it making ethanol to damage our cars. Wacky tobaccy seems to
be other big cash crop in these parts.

The Emerald Triangle is just above me (Mendocino, and Humbolt Counties).
There isn't any income tax filed by growers, but it has been estimated
that the marijuana harvest is worth more than the California wine
harvest ($3 billion in 2012).

Funny how the government subsidizes crops that Cargill, and Archer
Daniels Midland uses, but not so much for vegetables that could keep
Americans healthy.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
Israel military detains 5-year-old Palestinian for 'stone throwing' - YouTube

Remember Rachel Corrie
Rachel Corrie Memorial Website

Welcome to the New America.
Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism - YouTube
Yes. At the risk of being redundant yet again another time..The inmates are running the asylum.