Anders Tørneskog

Default 2002 Anne Gros, Groffier, Mortet

"Max Hauser" > skrev i melding
> 8 wines, 11 tasters, so a wine everyone ranked last (8th place) would have
> 88 total points.

Hi
Adding points awarded I get 402. The total should have been 396 :-)
A quite another point is whether proper statistical analysis could confirm
the claim that the number one wine with 36 points really was better that the
second one with 42 points. Most often the "winner" in such rankings trumpet
his score as a proof of superiority which it isn't.
I'm sure this NG has a number of professional statisticians who could give
an proper analysis based on the 88 scores.
:-)
Anders