Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Does anyone have a recipe for slow cooker bourbon pulled pork fromscratch?

sf wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > I would like to oven barbeque some chicken next weekend and I want to make a
> > bourbon bbq sauce, homemade, not store bought. I plan to stop by the ABC
> > store (liquor store) this week to see if they sell one of those tiny
> > "airline bottles" of 1-2 oz of bourbon. That's all I need as I don't drink
> > it for pleasure.
> > I've had commercial sauce with that added and I do like it.
> >

> Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce? Can't say I've ever purchased it and if I've
> eaten it, the bourbon flavor was so faint that I didn't even notice
> it.

I've had the JD bbq sauce before and it's not bad. I might just cheat....buy
that and add just a little more bourbon to it.

As far as what commercial kind I've tried before, it was (believe it or not)
in the "Hungry Man" frozen dinners. They sell a steak in boubon sauce and
also chicken with bourbon sauce. I like that taste.

G.