Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Zukes!

Billy > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:

: > Billy > wrote:
: > : In article >, Todd >
: > : wrote:
: >
: > : > On 07/21/2013 08:28 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > : > > Todd > wrote:
: > : > > : Hi All,
: > : > >
: > : > >
: > : > >
: > : > > : If all goes as planned and I get use to the
: > : > > : taste of fresh zukes, I will be mooching tips
: > : > > : from you guys on zukes, again. :-)
: > : > >
: > : > > EAsiest thisng is to slice, seson with a little salt and pepper and
: > : > > microwave them covered, for up to 6 mins. If you cut them thick it may
: > : > > well take more time.
: > : > >
: > : > > Wendy
: > : > >
: > : >
: > : > Thank you!
: >
: > : Then, of course, you can always stuff them, or grate them. There
: > : shouldn't be any waste with a zuke.
: >
: > One problem for Todd is that stuffed zuccini is best baked in a dry oven.
: > You could try it inthe microwave, but it will be soggier, without the
: > borwned crunch.
: >
: > Zuccini are also good when grilled outdoors, but that doesn't help Todd.
: > That is why I did not suggest these dishes.
: >
: > Wendy

: Thanks, Wendy. I guess I didn't get that memo. Why can't Todd bake, or
: grill? Is this some weird religious injunction?

: For those with convection ovens.

It is , apparantly, doue to an allergy of his wife's so no flame
compustion or grilling, etc sells, so he used a skillet, a pressure cooker
and a micrlwave. Kind of limiting for him. No indor or outdoor grilling,
broiling, rasting, baking,etc. : i

Wendy