Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Blueberry Jam

W. Baker wrote:
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I occasionally use the Smuckers no sugar jams and they are not bad.
>>> they also must use some preservatives as they don't go moldy
>>> dquickly as do the home make ones. I have tried the strawberry but
>>> can't find many berries in tere and the apricot which I use for
>>> cooking as it makes a good fake cakes, etc. They com ein, I think
>>> 10 r 12 oz jars which might be fine for Angela.
>>>

>> Angela likes the Smuckers but I don't. So I won't buy it. Heh! I
>> used to buy Crofters at my health food store but now that they're
>> closed, there's not a convenient place for me to buy it. I can get
>> it here but would have to go to a store that I wouldn't normally
>> shop at. Polanders is just as good. Can't remember what brand I
>> got at Walmart but it's a similar sized jar.

> I didn't know tht polaner did a sugar-free. Their fruit spread is
> sweetened with grape juice so I don't count it as part of my diet.

It's called All Fruit. It may have grape juice in it. Don't know as we
don't have any here now. It didn't seem to be overly carby to me but as I
said, when I eat it, it's just on a peanut butter sandwich and I only use a
tiny amount. I did try some from Sweet Creek that was so sickly sweet I
could not eat it. There was no sweetener of any kind and it was strawberry
so I don't know what they did to it to get it like that.