Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Opinion piece on artificial sweeteners

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 07/17/2013 08:13 PM, Trawley Trash wrote:
>> You are describing the disaccharide sucrose which digests into
>> half fructose and half glucose. The sugars in fruits and vegetables
>> are not all sucrose. Some have more fructose than glucose when
>> they are ripe. Fruits are being bred for this property because
>> the extra sweetness sells. Apples, pears, grapes, and pineapples
>> fall into this category.
>>
>> I can't eat tomatoes. I would only need half a gram of fructose to
>> see a problem, and one woman I met online says she has to keep her
>> daughter down to 9 mg. Then there is the question of whether some
>> bad effects are due to sweetness itself rather than any particular
>> sweetener. It is all very complicated.

> Dear Mr. Trash,
>
> Yes, I think I am funny! :-)
>
> Sounds like there may be something wrong with your liver.
> (Probably mine too.) If allowed to heal, the liver has
> marvelous healing properties.
>
> Foods (no one get ****ed at me, this is on topic!), also
> called "traditional medicine", that have known healing
> properties for the liver would be
>
> Milk Thistle
> Dandelion Root
> Prickly Pear
>
> Traditional medicine and modern medicine act differently.
> Traditional medicine has side benefits. (For instance,
> Hawthorn Berry helps calm an asthma attack, Milk Thistle
> helps heal hepatitis damage, Prickly pear lowers your
> blood sugar.)
>
> Modern medicine has side effects. So trying the above would
> only cost you a few dollars and would have very little
> likely hood of any side effects. So win - draw.
> Not win - loose.
>
> -T
>
>> I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

> Why would I want too? As for me, I will babble on and
> on and on and on ...
>
> By any chance is "Trawley Trash" a reference us "riff raff"
> would miss in some classic novel everyone wants to have read,
> by no one wants to have actually read? :-)

Uh... Herbs and stuff have side effects too. In many respects they are
really no better than the prescribed stuff. For instance, red rice yeast
extract is a statin. Saint John's Wort can interfere with birth control and
other meds. These are not things to be taken lightly.