Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Diabetes and Statins

On 07/20/2013 04:06 PM, DonOpple0paad wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:08:50 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> > wrote:
>
>> DonOpple0paad > wrote:
>> : On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:25:46 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
>> : > wrote:
>>
>> : >
>> : >: Are any of your above recommendation (not salmon, she
>> : >: hates salmon) low odor/low (fish) stink, like the
>> : >: cod?
>> : >
>> : >: -T
>> : >
>> : >
>> : >Not particularly, except that sardines are usually from cans like tuna.
>> : >Fresh fish, I find don't particularly smell so it doesn't bother me here
>> : >on the East Coast I can see where in Nevada you don't get is a freshas we
>> : >can, particularly the local fishes in season.
>> : >
>> : >this discussion of types of fish is really related to this newsgroup,
>> : >unlike all the medical stuff I con'tlike to see here. there are two other
>> : >groupw that have been suggested to you for such dscussions. don't make
>> : >this group go bad so we have no place to discuss food, recipes, etc rather
>> : >than the medical stuff we all read about onthe other groups. I Bigwheel
>> : >doesn't read on of those groups ther e is no reason he can just move over
>> : >to them. There is no fees to join. , Same wt Billy.
>> : >
>> : > Wendy
>>

>> : Fresh whole sardines can be bought from many seafood markets and in
>> : many groceries with a fresh seafood counter. They are excellent when
>> : baked.
>>
>> Of course, but are often expensive and most people do get their sardines
>>from cans, particularly in Nevada, the place , currently at issue.
>>
>> Wendy

> Google "buying fresh seafood in Nevada" and see if any of the 382000
> hits comes back with something local to you.

Hi Don,

Nothing is flown in. It all comes in by truck. It fresh for
a few days, then frozen, then thawed at the store (labeled fresh
by the way). The last red snapper I tried tasted like fish head
sauce and raw rotted hamburger. It was so, so GROSS. I downed
two cinulins (cinnamon extract) and did my best not to hurl.
Talk about bubbled popping above my head!

On the bright side, Raley's Full Circle has a flash frozen
on the boat (and still frozen in the store) that is pretty
good. So far Cod is the one the love of my life will
eat.

-T