bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Cramer View Post
Todd lid wrote:
Hi All,

Got me a forest of Golden Globe Turnips growing in
the garden:

turnip, golden globe | Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Co

Tried eating one of the leaves a week ago. Hmmmm.
Interesting tastes. My best friend declared them
"yucky". (She turned a few colors. I thought she
looked cute, but she protested). I can see where
all the remarks about feeding turnips greens to
livestock come from.

Is there some way to clean turnip greens up?
Some seasoning or spice? Or is nasty just the
way they come? (I am going to have a lot of them.)

Many thanks,

I like all kinds of greens. You gotta cook 'em down quite a bit to get the
bitteerness out.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Special Operations Warrior Foundation Help for Heroes - UK Military Charity ~Semper Fi~
Wounded Warriors: Home Home - Legacy ~Semper Fi~
Dittos on the cooking part. Turnip greens are wonderful when cooked right. For eating raw try mustard greens. They are also good cooked too but really shine in a salad.