Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Diabetes and Statins

Todd > wrote:
: On 07/19/2013 12:37 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Small note-Cod is not an oily fish, so has a low fat content, which means
: > lee omega 3. that is why salmon , mackerel, bluefish, sardines, shad(an
: > Easern seabord spring run fish), trout andd sea trout are the kinds of
: > fish to look for as they are high in fat content. I don't knwo about more
: > specifically Pacific fish liek pacific snapper and others I saw when in CA
: > many years ago voe a visit. I fin cod also pretty asteless so it needs
: > lits of seasoning, etc.
: >
: > Wendy

: Hi Wendy,

: Thank you! You are a blessing!

: We do supplement with omega3/epa/dha from Life Extension.
: But it is always better to eat the stuff.

: The idea behind cod is that it is LOW ODOR. It is the
: only fish my best friend will eat. (I still have to try
: the Parmesan coating on it that she adores so much
: on chicken.)

: Are any of your above recommendation (not salmon, she
: hates salmon) low odor/low (fish) stink, like the
: cod?

: -T

Not particularly, except that sardines are usually from cans like tuna.
Fresh fish, I find don't particularly smell so it doesn't bother me here
on the East Coast I can see where in Nevada you don't get is a freshas we
can, particularly the local fishes in season.

this discussion of types of fish is really related to this newsgroup,
unlike all the medical stuff I con'tlike to see here. there are two other
groupw that have been suggested to you for such dscussions. don't make
this group go bad so we have no place to discuss food, recipes, etc rather
than the medical stuff we all read about onthe other groups. I Bigwheel
doesn't read on of those groups ther e is no reason he can just move over
to them. There is no fees to join. , Same wt Billy.

Wendy