Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Diabetes and Statins

Todd > wrote:
: On 07/18/2013 08:09 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
: > A way in which statins DO relate to your diet, and therefore what foods you select:
: >
: > They tend to destroy an essential nutrient, omega-3 fats. One way to help with this problem is to eat more fish from the colder parts of the ocean, such as salmon and sardines. Note - these same species of fish, but farmed rather than caught wild, usually contain much less omega-3, since they do not have access to the same food supplies as those used by the wild ones.
: >
: > Robert Miles
: > T2
: >

: Hi Robert,

: Great advice. I am trying to get cod -- a nice cold water
: fish -- into my diet. Raley's had a Monday $5.00 sale
: on their flash frozen full circle cod. They are sitting
: in the freezer. Purslane, which I grow (EAT THE WEED!) has
: more omega-3 than does fish oil, but that is only a summer
: delicacy. So I got to get the fish thing down for the
: winter.

Small note-Cod is not an oily fish, so has a low fat content, which means
lee omega 3. that is why salmon , mackerel, bluefish, sardines, shad(an
Easern seabord spring run fish), trout andd sea trout are the kinds of
fish to look for as they are high in fat content. I don't knwo about more
specifically Pacific fish liek pacific snapper and others I saw when in CA
many years ago voe a visit. I fin cod also pretty asteless so it needs
lits of seasoning, etc.

Wendy