Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Diabetes and Statins

On 07/18/2013 08:09 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
> A way in which statins DO relate to your diet, and therefore what foods you select:
>
> They tend to destroy an essential nutrient, omega-3 fats. One way to help with this problem is to eat more fish from the colder parts of the ocean, such as salmon and sardines. Note - these same species of fish, but farmed rather than caught wild, usually contain much less omega-3, since they do not have access to the same food supplies as those used by the wild ones.
>
> Robert Miles
> T2

Hi Robert,

Great advice. I am trying to get cod -- a nice cold water
fish -- into my diet. Raley's had a Monday $5.00 sale
on their flash frozen full circle cod. They are sitting
in the freezer. Purslane, which I grow (EAT THE WEED!) has
more omega-3 than does fish oil, but that is only a summer
delicacy. So I got to get the fish thing down for the
winter.

On a sad note, researchers are always trying to stab each
other in the back. Here is a peer review on fish oil
where Life Extension takes a guy to task for only
using "40% of the omega-3 plasma levels that ... would be expected
in health conscious people taking the proper dose of fish oil."
And them purported that fish oil did not work. He got reamed
in the review.

http://www.lef.org/featured-articles...or-Fiction.htm

Wow. Thank goodness for peer reviews!

I think the same back stabbing is going with those researchers
that purport that B vits don't help homocysteine. Wonder
how low they had to go on the b vits to prove that? 20%?

-T