Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Peppermint Patootie Peppermint Patootie is offline

Default Nopales and pennies?

In article >,
bigwheel > wrote:

> Have heard folks say beans have
> a bunch. Everybody from Texas was raised on em and eat them at least
> once a day and sometimes twice on Sunday. They claim if a person eats
> them along with corn it makes a combo complex protein which neither
> offers alone..and which is only slightly inferior to animal sources.

I'm afraid that whole theory was disproved. You don't need to eat them
together. Just include them in your diet. Except that corn is very
high carb. I can't eat even one ear of corn without spiking to kingdom
come.

PP
- Chris Malcolm