jmcquown

Default Neat way to cook Alaska King Crab Legs (Thanks Alton Brown)

Default User wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> OMG, microwaved crab legs??? Bruce, exactly how difficult is it to
>> put them in a large pot of boiling water?

> Ummmm, the fact that you have to boil a big pot of water just to do a
> few crab legs?

Those "few" crab legs can probably feed 4-6 people, if they are truly King
crab and not Snow crab being sold as "king".

> Wrapped in wet paper towels, that's a very convenient way to steam
> your
> crab legs. Sounds like an excellent idea to me. What's your objection
> it?

Microwaved food simply doesn't taste the same to me. I use the microwave
for reheating leftovers, occasionally for steaming veggies. If I'm going to
pay $20+ for King crab legs, I surely hope I can afford to boil a big pot of
salted water to toss them in.