Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Pecorino Romano trademark?

> wrote:

> Whoops! Is there a way for me to tell from a partial trademark who made
> this cheese? That is, is there a list of trademarks for the various
> romano makers that I could look at, and decide?

Your Google Groups posts are hardly readable, all being in a single endless
line. I do not think I will be replying to you often, if at all.

Each wheel is stamped with the general trademark of the consortium, with
the producer's code. It is said that connoisseurs prefer the
Latium-produced pecorino romano, mostly for sentimental reasons, I'm
sure. Most pecorino romano is now produced on the island of Sardinia,
but apparently there are still four producers in Lazio: Brunelli, Fulvi,
Locatelli, and Lopez, though some sources suggest that Locatelli has now
relocatellied to Sardinia. See
<http://www.pezzera.it/pezzera/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=181&I temid=209&lang=en>

Victor