Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Blueberries!

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 08:02:57 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>I don't doubt they are good but wild northern blueberries are packed
>with a lot more flavour. I don't mind the big juicy ones, and they are
>a lot cheaper, but my wife won't buy them. She considers them to be
>absolutely flavourless.

It all depends. Sometimes the big ones are more bland because they
took on a lot of water and that puffed up the size and diluted the
flavor. But some varieties grow under the right conditions have every
bit of flavor as the smaller ones.

It also depends on how they were picked. Often, the supermarket fruit
is picked because it looks good, not because it is at the peak of
ripeness and flavor. Supermarket fruit is never as good as the
farmer's market stuff.