Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default broccoli cheese soup?

Todd > wrote:
: On 07/06/2013 01:23 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > elementsresto > wrote:
: >
: > : Todd;1844219 Wrote:
: >
: > : I wonder if it'll make me love broccoli. I do dislike broccoli that much
: > : and I hope this will make me like broccoli.
: > : --
: > : elementsresto
: >
: > I think the best bet for you isar thsoe broccoli stem "hash browns" that
: > were beign discussd here very recently. Apparanly, they don't comeout
: > tasting like brocolli at all.
: >
: > Wendy
: >

: Hi Wendy,

: I am finding that folks at the grocery prefer the heads of
: broccoli with a single stem and a large head. The eschew
: the 5 stem ones. I jump on them. More hash browns.
: The tops go into cheese soup.

: Oh, definitely, cut the broth back to two cups!

: -T

Those big heads with but a single stem really are usually the local
varieties available only for a reletively short season and are incredibly
sweet in taste with none of the sulphurous , cabage-like flavor of the
ones from more distant places which hav been off the land for too long.
They are an entirely different take than the kind you are using for your
"hash browns." Give one a try and see if yu like the taste of those head
, whether microwaved or used in your soup. You may find a whole different
taste experience that you will like. then you cna have different broccoli
dishes in different seasons.

Wendy