Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_3_] Jeßus[_3_] is offline

Default What's in it - mcdonald's French Fries

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 21:37:53 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 7/10/2013 7:37 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> And here I was just using oil and potatoes!

>I really don't understand the fascination with McDonald's. When I was a
>kid, if Mom took us there it was a treat. They didn't even have
>playgrounds back then. LOL

IIRC, we didn't get Macdonalds here in Oz until the late 70's - or at
the very least, they weren't common. I was in my late teens by the
time they were common and ordinarily wouldn't go to one... except late
at night when we'd have a bad case of the munchies... who knew I could
eat a Big mac, two 1/4 pounders and two apple pies in one sitting...
Oh well, I couldn't put on weight back then no matter what I ate.

We did have 'Hungry Jacks' before then though - they seem to be an
offshoot of Burger King. I quite liked their 'Whoppers' when I was a
kid.

>Slice russet potatoes into thin strips, pan fry in oil. Pretty simple.

Yep!