Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default broccoli cheese soup?

elementsresto > wrote:

: Todd;1844219 Wrote:
: > Hi All,
: >
: > I have been looking on the web for low carb broccoli cheese
: > soup recipes. This one looks good.
: >
: > 'Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup | Kelly the Kitchen Kop'
: > (http://kellythekitchenkop.com/low-ca...li-cheese-soup)
: >
: > 2 T. butter
: > 3 cups chicken broth
: > 8oz. cream cheese (I use organic)
: > 1 cup heavy cream (not ultra-pasteurized!)
: > 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
: > 2 bunches of fresh broccoli, chopped
: >
: > I was thinking of sub'ing Trader Joe's Cheddar/gruyere cheese
: > as it crumbles in my hand and I won't have to shred it.
: >
: > Any comments/improvements on the above recipe?
: >
: > Many thanks,
: > -T

: I wonder if it'll make me love broccoli. I do dislike broccoli that much
: and I hope this will make me like broccoli.
: --
: elementsresto

I think the best bet for you isar thsoe broccoli stem "hash browns" that
were beign discussd here very recently. Apparanly, they don't comeout
tasting like brocolli at all.

Wendy