Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christopher M.[_5_] Christopher M.[_5_] is offline

Default Summer cool-downs, revved-ups

Getting revved-up for summer with a spicy summer omelet:

Big chunks of tomatoes, seasoned (generously) with salt. Not too watery.
Topped with shredded chipotle cheddar cheese (generously).
I was going to put some fresh salsa on top. I didn't have any so I used some
Cholula (Mexican hot sauce).
Some sour cream on the side might be nice.
Sometimes I like to make it as a fluffy French omelet.

Cooling down with a strawberry lemonade:

Use freshly crushed strawberries (2 small or 1 large).
I usually just cut the strawberry into a few pieces, and crush it in my
glass with a fork
Add sugar if the strawberry isn't very ripe.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)