Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default broccoli cheese soup?

I am a pure carnivore ...I despise veggies a lot.

however now I like some because I make them my way..wife makes her her way.

I learned to love broccoli from having it in Chinese takeout and buffets
...id pick the broccoli out but would eat a tiny bit stuck to the beef and
liked it..but hated it anytime else.

so I though about what made the Chinese broccoli good and rest gross.

the answer was the meat..and they cut it very very thin..

so I tried cutting it very very thin and cooking in a mix of chicken and
beef broth in a frying pan and it was good..I especially like the inner
white part and learned to leave the stems to wife and eat the inner peeled
cores which when made right taste like potato.

other veggies I either blend and melt into soups or eat raw.

my mother was insane and boiled every vegetable until the cooking water had
the color and the vegetables were grey..thus explaining my hatred of
them..lol

but when id sneak a piece raw I liked it...but shed freak out and only let
me eat HER way.

as an adult I make the rules and have found I really like certain veggies
raw..like spinach in a salad is awesome..cauliflower cores sliced thin with
salt dipped into sour cream is yummy etc

kale baked in the oven to make kale chips is as good as potato chips and as
addicting.

so try broccoli multi ways and eat what ya like and dont eat what you
dislike.

KROM

"elementsresto" wrote...

I wonder if it'll make me love broccoli. I do dislike broccoli that much
and I hope this will make me like broccoli.