Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default eggwashed and breaded zucchini: doubles

Cheryl wrote:

> I think zukes are just a little too firm to roll up without breaking,
> even sliced paper thin. I think it would work better to boil or nuke
> the slices just par before trying to roll them up with a filling. I
> really like this idea though.

Good point, Cheryl. If the super thin slices break when rolling, just a
quick heating should solve that problem.

My favorite deep fried veggie is sweet potatoes. I've never tried to make
them yet but I loved them at a restaurant that we went to every friday night
for years. I'm sure you have to cook them until just barely done, then
batter and deep fry. very tasty.

I also love corn fritters especially when using fresh sweet white corn. With
those, you can either salt them and eat as a side (and even dip in ketchup
if you are so inclined), or sprinkle powdered sugar on them for a dessert.
Either way is "good eats" to me.

G.