Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default broccoli cheese soup?

On 07/04/2013 09:54 AM, Billy wrote:
>>> 1 cup (1/2 brick) chopped Trader Joe's cheddar/gruyere cheese

> Sure hope that Gary Taubes is right.

Hi Billy,

I found his web site, but couldn't really figure out his
theory on it. There was a lot of invitations to studies, etc..

As I understand it, and this is probably a gross oversimplification,
fat is "use or lose" and carbs are "use or store as fat".
A bag of sucrose could have a label on it that says "fat free"
and it would be 100% accurate. Eat the bag and guess what is
going to happen.

I eat all the animal fat and meat I want, as long as it comes
from a natural source and is not processed. Fat is how mammals
mask off toxins, so I avoid conventional meat, with all the
chemicals, antibiotics, etc.. Processed meat is where you
see all those studies about meat consumption causing a
shortened life over vegi's. Hidden deep in these studies
are that natural meat eaters live even longer than vegi's.

Basically I only count carbs.

And, I have FINALLY stopped losing weight. For the past six
months I have maintained at 195 lbs, boots on, at my GP's office.
(I don't own a scale.)

But, I still have folks greet me with how much weight I have
lost. Hmmm, that would be the untreated diabetes. Only
in America would losing weight be considered a good thing.
Everywhere else they would think you had AIDS or Tuberculosis.

And, I eat really well since my induction into the Pin Cushion
Club. Especially after meeting you guys!

My goal is to have more variety and better food than before
my induction, so I will never be temped to go back to the
former diet. (I loved my pasta!) I already have achieved
the variety goal.

-T

Tried out coconut pancakes this morning. There were really
good. But, they are a work in progress. I will report back
when I finalize my recipe. I am going to try powdered
"real" (not cultured) buttermilk in them and see what baking
powder does.