Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Dario Niedermann Dario Niedermann is offline

Default Hating my new teapot :-/

Lewis Perin > wrote:

> While brewing, you could confine the leaves within a teaball or sack
> or the like, but that tends to degrade the quality of what comes out
> the spout. If you want to use a big teapot, the best compromise in my
> opinion is to use an external strainer rather than an internal one.

Infuriatingly, I still have to use a handheld strainer when pouring
because the builtin one doesn't catch 100% of the leaves. So, basically,
it's just there to annoy me when i clean the pot.

> May I add that this is one of many reasons I usually prefer to use a
> gaiwan?

My next teapot will be either a gaiwan or a Turkish çaydanlık, I have
to make up my mind (i.e.: eventually I'll get both. And a brown betty.)

--
Bye