Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin Lewis Perin is offline

Default Hating my new teapot :-/

Dario Niedermann > writes:

>It's a porcelain teapot with a built-in strainer: small holes in the
>pot's body where the spout is attached. It's just a mess to clean,
>since I can't get rid of the leaves through the spout when I rinse it!
>
>Any cleaning tips or techniques I'm overlooking because of my lack of
>previous experience with this kind of teapot?

While brewing, you could confine the leaves within a teaball or sack or
the like, but that tends to degrade the quality of what comes out the
spout. If you want to use a big teapot, the best compromise in my
opinion is to use an external strainer rather than an internal one. May
I add that this is one of many reasons I usually prefer to use a gaiwan?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
http://babelcarp.org