Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default eggwashed and breaded zucchini: doubles

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 13:59:09 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:

>How do you cook a double eggwashed and breaded zucchini? A double is a
>couple of zucchini with something in between them, something like a slice of
>ham or mozzarella. I'm almost sure it would separate in the frying oil so,
>is there someone who did such a thing? Do I have to eggwash also the
>interior part of the two zucchini slices, as if the eggs would help keeping
>it from falling apart?
>I was asking on another ng but the guy disappeared and I have bags of
>zucchini incoming from Mom

I would make the zucchini "sandwich", pin it together with toothpicks,
and then dredge the total sandwich. My thinking is that this kind of
sandwich would do best in a deep fat fryer or else in a decent amount
of oil in a pan, rather than planning on browning and cooking one side
and then flipping the zucchini to brown the other side. That's the
way I have seen other food done that is in several layers.
Janet US