bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
On 06/30/2013 06:58 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

This is what I came up with. It came out really good!

-T

T's Broccoli Cheese Soup:

3 cups chicken broth, or
1-1/2 cup 99:99 chicken broth and 1-1/2 cups water

My wife likes her soup really runny. You may want to cut back to 2 cups

1 bunches of fresh broccoli, chopped
1 Turnip, cubed
4 oz. (1/2 block) Trader Joe's Full Fat Cream Cheese
1 T. butter
1/2 cup Trader Joe's Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup (1/2 brick) chopped Trader Joe's cheddar/gruyere cheese

Heat broth, broccoli, and turnip until broccoli is tender.

Mix cream cheese, heavy cream, shredded cheese and butter in another
pan and stir often.

When broccoli is tender, cut it up some more

When the other pan is melted, add to broth and broccoli. Simmer
for about 5 minutes. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.

Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
Sounds very good. Thanks for sharing. I love good broccoli cheese soup just aint never had much call to make it at home. Will put this on the short to do list.