Posted to alt.food.barbecue
casa bona[_2_] casa bona[_2_] is offline

Default Greek style rotisserie ribs

On 7/1/2013 5:14 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> 'casa bona[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1844828']On 6/30/2013 7:52 PM, bigwheel wrote:-
>> 'casa bona[_2_ Wrote:-
>> ;1844679']As mentioned, and using the trusty gas grill rotisserie, or
>> that cool
>> looking Farberware electric rotisserie.
>>
>> Ingredients:
>>
>> 2-3lbs. pork baby back ribs
>>
>> Marinade:
>>
>> 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
>> zest of 1 lemon, finely minced
>> 1/4 cup dry sherry or vermouth to preference
>> juice of one large lemon
>> 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, finely minced
>> 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
>> 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely minced
>> 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
>> 1 teaspoon kosher salt
>>
>> Incorporate using a wire whisk - a food processor will emulsify too
>> much.
>>
>> Reserve 1/2 for basting, marinate the ribs for 6 hours with the rest.
>>
>> Wind the baby back ribs through the rotisserie rod in a running
>> u-shaped
>>
>> profile for maximum exposure, trap either end tightly with the prongs
>> and set the locking screws down.
>>
>> Set the grille for direct but lower temperature, using either the back
>> infrared burner(if you have one), or the main burners on low.
>>
>> Keep a spray bottle of water handy to avoid flareups.
>>
>> The lower the grilling temp and the cleaner the grill, the less
>> problems.
>>
>> Cook for 1.5-2 hours over a medium-low heat (325-350F) basting
>> regularly
>>
>> with the reserved marinade.
>>
>> The ribs are done when they reach an internal temp of 165-175 and the
>> meat begins to pull back a bit from the bones.
>>
>> On my grill that is usually closer to 1.5 hours, a windy day can alter
>> that time.
>>
>> Remove to a platter, carve, then garnish with chopped flat leaf
>> parsley,
>>
>> and serve with lemon wedges.
>>
>> Enjoy!-
>>
>> Sounds good. Thanks.-
>>
>> Well tested and workable, careful with your grill and its burner
>> arrangement.
>>
>> Ciao.

> The burners on my gasser aren't real compatible with adusting the
> arrangement. Best a person can do on my Rotess is turn it down as low as
> it will go. I need a new one in fact. I had a Weber Spirit and headed to
> the door with it when I decided to get it next time. I have a pal who
> just bought one of these and really likes it. He say it's his second one
> with the first lasting 12 years. Would be nice to not have to fiddle
> with propane.
>
> 'Meco 9000 Series Deluxe Cart Electric Grill with Rotisserie | Wayfair'
> (http://tinyurl.com/ldmpy5p)

I'm not really sold on electric BBQ grills, unless you have a wood deck
or an apartment, then you go to the head of the class for safety.

Depending on your burner layout you probably should go lower heat and
take a bit longer, or you can just put a drip pan under the ribs as a
flare-up shield.

They'll take longer, but they will come out fine. Be sure to finish over
an open burner for some golden crispiness.