Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default What am I doing wrong with my cauliflower mashed potatoes?

On 06/25/2013 10:54 AM, KROM wrote:
> just be sure to peel the green away..its the inner white core thats
> potato like.
>
> what I enjoy is cubing it and cooking in broth then removing once tender
> yet firm and drying on paper towel and frying in a pan with butter till
> brown like hash brown cubes and have with egg..sometimes steak...make me
> not miss potato so much.
>
> KROM

Hi KROM,

I bought a head of broccoli with as many stems as I could find (four).
Then I pealed the stems (the florettes went into Broccoli cheese soup).
That is a weird peal!

Then I put the stalks down the food processor with the grate blade.
Made hash browns out of them. Then I poured them into hot butter and
rosemary. They sucked the butter, so I was afraid of burning them.
So I took them out and microwaved them a bit. Then I tasted them.
They tasted "healthy" and worried about gas. Then her trophyness
tried a small bit and told me to salt them and microwave them a
few more minutes.

Et VoilĂ*! They tasted exactly like hash browns. We both loved them.
She made sure I wrote you a thank you. And, she told me to tell you
that "they are still green!" :-)

You guys are a blessing.

-T

I have a head of cauliflower. I am wondering what to do with it.