Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default What am I doing wrong with my cauliflower mashed potatoes?

use just the inner part..peel it or if lazy use a knife to cut the stems
into about 3 inch lengths and cut those down by standing up and cutting down
to make it into a long square inner core plank..if you get what I mean...

the inner parts white and not green once you remove the woody
exterior...sure your wasting most of the green outer but most toss stems
anyway.

what I do is use the woodier part cut very small and used in soups..it
pretty much melts into the soup..or use your food processor to mush the
green woody part to mush and add to soup.

KROM

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 06/24/2013 04:27 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 06/24/2013 10:32 AM, KROM wrote:
>> just a small amount to make it not stick..your not frying your sautéing
>> it to release moisture and add flavor.
>>
>> so medium heat..then reduce heat put lid on pressure cooker with the
>> rest of the ingredients.
>>
>> the way I make it is sauté the cauli then cook it in a fourth cup
>> chicken and or beef broth...that kills the sulfur taste and makes it
>> more potato like.
>>
>> so for you id put the pressure pot on stove..add a teaspoon or so
>> oil...on medium heat...add cauli..then garlic..then a fourth cup
>> broth..I like to mix beef and chicken...cover and pressure cook for a
>> shorter time then you have been <this is the part you need to experiment
>> to get right> until its tender..then in food processor blend the cream
>> cheese etc.
>>
>> what I really like is the core of broccoli stems made this way it tastes
>> just like potato
>>

> Hi KROM,
>
> Thank you. Can't wait to try the broccoli stems!
>
> -T

Hi KROM,

How much of the stem do you use? The lower part is really
woody.

My wife said "But the will be green!" Then she giggled.

And, can I eat them on days other than Saint Patty's
day? :-)

-T