Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default What am I doing wrong with my cauliflower mashed potatoes?

just be sure to peel the green away..its the inner white core thats potato
like.

what I enjoy is cubing it and cooking in broth then removing once tender yet
firm and drying on paper towel and frying in a pan with butter till brown
like hash brown cubes and have with egg..sometimes steak...make me not miss
potato so much.

KROM

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 06/24/2013 10:32 AM, KROM wrote:
> just a small amount to make it not stick..your not frying your sautéing
> it to release moisture and add flavor.
>
> so medium heat..then reduce heat put lid on pressure cooker with the
> rest of the ingredients.
>
> the way I make it is sauté the cauli then cook it in a fourth cup
> chicken and or beef broth...that kills the sulfur taste and makes it
> more potato like.
>
> so for you id put the pressure pot on stove..add a teaspoon or so
> oil...on medium heat...add cauli..then garlic..then a fourth cup
> broth..I like to mix beef and chicken...cover and pressure cook for a
> shorter time then you have been <this is the part you need to experiment
> to get right> until its tender..then in food processor blend the cream
> cheese etc.
>
> what I really like is the core of broccoli stems made this way it tastes
> just like potato

Hi KROM,

Thank you. Can't wait to try the broccoli stems!

-T