Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default [TN] '95 Il Sodaccio di Montevertine

On Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:16:48 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> With Jean off in Hawaii this week, Andy and I are living the bachelor
>
> lives. Tonight we made pasta (cappelini, fettucine and one lonely
>
> lasagne) and I had a tomato-based sauce with it. With this, I opened:
>

> 1995 Montevertine Il Sodaccio Vino di Tavola
>
> nose: some maderization, pencil lead
>
> palate: medium body, smooth mouthfeel, good acidity
>

> Alas, a disappointment. Although there was no overt sign of heat damage,
>
> it certainly bore the imprint of heat damage in its flavor profile.
>
> Still serviceable with the pasta, it lacked the aromatic complexity that
>
> I expect from this producer.
>

> Mark Lipton

I found your comments about heat damage interesting Mark as I have experienced this more often that I care to account for in Italian wines. Perhaps it's just the luck of the draw or the shipping practices of the importers but it weems to happen more on Italian wines than others.