Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default What is "Lamb neck"?

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "Todd" wrote in message ...

: On 06/19/2013 10:55 AM, Cheri wrote:
: > "Todd" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> Hi All,
: >>
: >> It happened again. Left a customer's site with "food".
: >> (Love my customers.)
: >>
: >> This time, he had a freezer full of six month old, locally
: >> grass fed, lamb. Now the package labeled "chops" I can
: >> figure out. But the one labels "1/2 lamb neck": never
: >> heard of.
: >>
: >> What is a "1/2 lamb neck"? And, how do you cook it?
: >>
: >> Many thanks,
: >> -T
: >
: >
: > Usually used in stews. I really like lamb neck, and from the net:
: >
: > Preparation
: > Cooking the meat on the bone will add more flavour to the dish and is
: > the most economical way of using this cut. Use it as a substitute for
: > oxtail or any other stewing meat, or cook it in the traditional dishes
: > of Irish stew and Lancashire hot pot.
: >

: Hi Cheri,

: Thank you! Thank does explain it.

: Anyone have a suggestion on how to cook a "paleolithic" (NIDDM) stew?

: Use any veggies you like and can tolerate bg-wise. Garlic and onion are
: the core of mine. Then celery, carrots (if you tolerate), cabbage, bit
: of red wine. Stock if you want or just a bit of water. No need to
: thicken unless you want to. Nice in a slow cooker if you have one. Add
: faster cooking veggies close to the end, like mushrooms, zuchini etc.

I like tomates in my stew also I use peeled white turnip in place of
potatoes and lots of herbs of whtever you like.

Wendy